On this week’s episode, I answer a listener question on beating depression and making the choice to be happy instead.
I think a lot of people have been depressed, and a lot of time for good reason.
- Even though something is very real, how we deal with it beyond medication is also very effective and real.
- If you understand that you can make choices that will lead you down a path of disaster, you can also understand that choices can lead you to great places.
- Choices come from your thinking, and you have been created with a will that is stronger than your emotions.
How you act has great bearing on how you feel.
- If you don’t believe it, go sit in a chair by yourself, stare at a wall, let your back slump, take shallow breaths for an hour, and see how you feel.
- There is one thing that I want to make sure my boys are good at before they leave home, and that is for them to understand they can choose how to act—despite how they feel.
Tune in to hear specific ways you can start making yourself feel better from the moment you wake up in the morning.
Questions for Andy
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com
Direct download: ITL225_VBR.mp3
-- posted at: 10:41am CST