Is there a secret to becoming “extraordinary”? What’s the difference between extraordinary and ordinary?
Define an extraordinary life.
- An extraordinary life means a lot of different things to different people.
- But there are several characteristics that they have in common.
- Being debt-free. It’s hard to live a life of freedom when you’re living with debt.
- A track record of wise decisions leads to an extraordinary life. Wise decisions lead people to places of influence.
- Influence is essential because it is part of helping people, which is another key ingredient in an extraordinary life.
- We all possess influence in some areas.
- The pursuit of wisdom opens the door to all of these qualities.
How do you want to live?
- In relation to your family, finances, God, your community, etc.
- This question will give you a good idea of what your version of an extraordinary life is.
- If you want to live an extraordinary life, then you can’t live the way most others do, because most people are leading average lives.
Can anyone live an extraordinary life?
- Yes. Anybody can change their thinking. Anybody can change their actions and their path by changing their thinking.
- There are two things people need to change: there has to be something in it for them (a benefit); and something has to be proven beyond doubt.
- Our thinking guides all of our choices. So if we want to make better choices, we have to change our thinking.
- Your thinking is the foundation that your entire life is built upon.
What do extraordinary people do that average people don’t do?
- They get up early and with a purpose. If you don’t have something to do, create something to do.
- Create a spirit of gratefulness in your life and your children’s lives.
- Watch out for other people and have manners. Treat people with respect.
Who do extraordinary people spend their time with?
- They spend their time with extraordinary people.
- They spend their time with people who are good examples for them, and who are committed to learning the same things they are trying to learn.
Early to Rise Challenge
- Go to TakePermission.com/EarlyToRise
- Put in your e-mail address and first name and you’ll get an e-mail early every morning.
- Each e-mail will give you encouragement and ideas of what to do with your extra time.
Questions for Listeners
- What do you consider to be an extraordinary life? Let us know!
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com
Direct download: ITL053.mp3
-- posted at: 10:42am CDT