After listening to the Father’s Day podcast a reader responded with an idea she does with her children:
- She writes letters to her kids each year that will be given to them at a later date.
- It’s a way of adding value to children before they are aware of anything being done.
- Knowing that they will go through tough times in the future, having a way to say, "I love you and I have always loved you," can have a lasting impact.
Another listener question: What makes you (Andy) most satisfied in life?
- Personally, knowing that he's done what he can that day and that God is proud of him.
- That he provided for his family and added value to them.
- Professionally, creating value for other people through writing & speaking.
- Hearing how what he's done has impacted others gives him satisfaction.
Reading The Perfect Moment:
- His intention with writing the eBook was to help people become aware of those moments in life that all too often slip past us.
After the Father’s Day podcast, a listener wrote in with a personal story. Andy's thoughts in response:
- Great perspective on life in tough times.
- Having reminders of joy to look at to help get through those tough times.
- The pictures that we love the most are often not posed, but rather moments that were captured.
- You have to laugh because life will be hard. You still have to lead your family.
- Everyone acts right when things are going well, but what your family will remember will be the way you acted during a tough time.
- All the defining stories about great leaders come from the tough times they encountered and how they handled themselves and got through them.
- We know that there are going to be crises, but when they come we can know how we're going to act, think, and respond to those crises. It can all be decided. It's a choice.
After the interview with Michael Hyatt, a listener commented that the podcasts are an on-going value, "It's the gift that keeps giving if you go back and listen again and again." Andy responds:
- It's great hearing how these interviews are impacting others.
- If you (the listener) are receiving value, then please pass it on to others who may benefit as well.
A listener who read The Noticer and found value in learning from what other great people have written asks Andy what books he recommends people to read
· You can find Andy’s recommended reading list by clicking here.
Questions for Listeners
- For all the parents out there, what challenges do you struggle with as a parent?
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com