Fri, 22 June 2012
Andy and A.T. discuss a letter sent in by a podcast listener about the power of giving.
A.T. reads a letter from an In the Loop listener.
· The listener describes why he gives away so many copies of The Traveler’s Gift.
· He began giving the book away while in the midst of a year and a half of unemployment.
“Giving is an unbelievable action that continues to produce returns that are unexpected in nature.”
· The listener’s time of unemployment was mitigated by the preparation he had undertaken, not knowing whether a time like that would ever come.
· Maybe it would have lasted even longer had he not been prepared.
· He understood the power of giving away not just a book, but a kind of thinking.
This listener knew that during this difficult time in his life he couldn’t think like everyone else.
· If you’re doing what everyone else is doing, you’re doing something wrong…because not everyone is making it.
· If you want an above average life, you have to think outside of the average and what you see going on around you.
· The listener who wrote the letter probably had people telling him he didn’t need to be giving away books while he was unemployed and low on income.
· There is a lot of pressure from society to be normal. It takes a different way of thinking to overcome that pressure.
Living outside of the average will allow you to build a legacy for your family that will live on beyond your years.
· By setting an example of hard work and a different kind of thinking, your children will grow up with an understanding of those things
Questions for Listeners
· What have you learned from the power of giving?
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com