Fri, 11 May 2012
This week’s guest, Michael Hyatt, is the former CEO and current Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers. He is also an author and speaker and blogs every day at MichaelHyatt.com. You can also follow him on Twitter. He and Andy discuss why building a platform for yourself is more important (and easier) now than ever. You also get to hear Andy sing part of his famous “Happy Birthday” song!
Andy would not have a career as an author if it were not for Michael
· He was the CEO of Thomas Nelson when Andy was attempting to publish The Traveler’s Gift
· Michael showed Andy’s manager, Robert, how to write a great book proposal for The Traveler’s Gift
· Andy gave the manuscript to Michael’s wife, Gail, which led to the contract for the book
Michael’s new book, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World, is being released on May 22, Andy’s birthday
· Andy says this is one of the few new books that will actually break new ground for readers
· This is the book Michael wishes he could put in the hands of every author he ever had to turn away as a publisher because they didn’t have a platform
· The game has changed because it’s easier now than ever to have your own platform thanks to the Internet and the rise of social media and blogging
· This book will show you, step-by-step, how to build your platform
· This is a book for anyone who thinks they may want to write a book, for anyone who wants to increase the membership in their church, for anyone who wants to become a speaker or performer
One problem today is that so many people are waiting to be picked. They think no one will ever notice them.
· Because of the tools available to us now, that excuse is gone
· If you want to know how to utilize those tools, Platform will show you how
· The best time to build a platform is before you need it
· The best time to build one was 10 years ago, the second best time is today
If you purchase Platform during the first week of its release, you can e-mail the receipt to Michael and you will receive $375 worth of free bonus content. For more information, go to MichaelHyatt.com/Platform.
Questions for Listeners
· What topics would you like to hear covered in future episodes of In the Loop?
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com