Fri, 27 April 2012
Comedian Ken Davis is the special guest on this week’s episode of In the Loop. Things get funny quickly, but there are also key moments of inspiration that make this an episode you won’t forget.
How did Ken and Andy meet?
• They met during Andy’s early years in comedy
• He opened for Ray Charles and Roseanne Barr opened for him
• Andy describes Ken as a model for him because he’s a comedian who appeals to both Christians and non-Christians
Ken has a movie, Fully Alive, that will be released on DVD soon
• It’s all about living your life with intention
• We should not sleepwalk through life, just waiting for things to happen to us
• We have to be intentional about creating the life we want by making intentional choices
Quote from Ken: “Life doesn’t have a winner’s circle—it just has a finish line.”
• How do you want to go through the finish line?
• We need to stop watching other people live and get out and experience things for ourselves
Ken explains how and why he lost 60 pounds
• Because of the weight, he was no longer to effectively do the things he was created to do
• He signed up for a triathlon before he’d lost a pound
Questions for Listeners
How are you living a life of intention? How do you want to go through life’s finish line?