On this week’s episode, I discuss whether transparency helps or hurts your leadership potential.
I’m in a period of learning a ton right now.
- When it comes to my boys, I want them to understand that I’m still struggling to be wise in my choices and thinking everyday.
- We’ve heard leaders promise to be transparent and we see varying degrees of their choice to pulling that off.
- If you declare your intention to be transparent and you’re obviously not, then that hurts your leadership.
- Other than that, I do not see how transparency can hurt your leadership—UNLESS it reveals something about you that makes you not worthy of following. (details on what makes someone unworthy of following available in podcast)
As a leader, we’re human and we’re going to mess up.
- If you know the difference between a choice and a mistake, and you handle both in a proper way, your leadership will grow by leaps and bounds.
- When a choice has been made, only true remorse and “Will you forgive me?” can press the reset button.
- Would you rather follow somebody who knows how to get back on track when they mess up, or somebody who either bluffs their way through life or doesn’t understand where the track is to begin with?
- A good leader knows when they’re off track, they know why they got off track (whether they made a mistake, or whether they chose to), and they know how to handle each situation the right way.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com