This week, A.T. and Andy introduce a new segment called “Finish This Phrase,” where Andy takes listener-submitted phrases and finishes them on the spot.
Parents should always ________
- Andy says, “Discipline their kids.”
- If parents don’t discipline their kids now, life will discipline them later…and it probably won’t be pretty.
When you go to work ________
- Andy says, “Go in a good mood, because no one wants to be around someone who is whining and complaining.”
Husbands should never ________
- Andy says, “Put too much salad in their mouth at once.”
- “Leave Band-Aids in the shower.”
- “Honk the horn when his their wife is doing whatever she does inside.”
When your kids walk out the door to school, you should always tell them ______
- Andy says, “Don’t forget to smile while you talk.”
- This is huge and will give your kids so many more opportunities.
- He also says, “Find someone who doesn’t have many friends and be a friend to them.”
If you want a different life _______
- Andy says, “You have to think different.”
- “Seek wisdom like a crazy person. Read.”
Before you go fishing, you should ________
- Andy says, “Always make sure your rods are in the boat.”
- “Always make sure your bait is in the boat.”
- “Make sure there is gas in the boat.”
- “Put drinks in the boat.”
When you get up early, you _______
- Andy says, “Gather insights that would not happen at any other time of the day.”
If you don’t have goals _______
- Andy says, “You’re playing basketball without the baskets.”
When you get discouraged ________
- Andy says, “Do the things that you know to do.”
- Your actions dictate your feelings. Do the things that make you feel better.
If you ever get a chance to ________
- Andy says, “Go to a Gaither Homecoming concert, do it.”
- No matter what kind of music you like, you will be blown away.
- A.T. says, “Take time off from work and go on a field trip with your kids, do it every time.”
Questions for Listeners
• Want to hear Andy finish more phrases? Submit your own!
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com
Direct download: ITL054.mp3
-- posted at: 10:20am CDT