Andy and AT discuss how to develop good reading habits and how they will change every aspect of your life for the better.
The role books have played in Andy's past, present, and future
- While living under a pier not long after his parents died, an old man names Jones introduced biographies to Andy
- Biographies became the basis for the rest of Andy's life and writing
- Andy then identified the 7 decisions/principles based off the 200+ biographies that he read
What about people who don’t like to read or say they don’t have the time?
- What does that have to do with anything?
- Are you expecting yourself to read?
- The point is not do you want to read; the point is—what do you want?
- “I don't have time to read”
- Reading has to be a discipline that helps you get what you want out of life
- It is essential to discipline yourself to make time for it
- People who read make more money
- People who read have a lower divorce rate
- People who read have fewer problems with their children
- People who read get promoted at a faster rate
- People who read get hired at a higher paying rate
The best way to get yourself or your children to read:
- Find books that don't bore you
- Books of short stories
- Sports books or books about athletes
If you already got your copy of Andy’s free eBook, The Perfect Moment, please share it with your friends! Click here to get it.
Question for Listeners
What do you do to find reading time?
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com
Find something to read aloud to your family
Direct download: ITL057.mp3
-- posted at: 12:12pm CST