In this episode, we discuss the story of The Traveler’s Gift.
The Traveler’s Gift wasn’t successful right away.
- Fifty-one publishers rejected it over three and a half years.
- When the book was finally published, it didn’t sell through its initial 10,000 copies.
- At one point, Andy lost an entire chapter and had to rewrite it from scratch.
It took Andy about a year to write the book.
- Andy knew the ending and main points before he started.
- Andy asked his friends which historical figures to include.
- He wanted to write something to leave behind for his kids if he died before they had a chance to know him.
Kenny Rogers was critical.
- Kenny encouraged Andy to use the 7 Decisions in his show.
- This helped Andy realize that he could talk about serious topics.
You can also hear more from Andy by subscribing to his new podcast, The Professional Noticer. Just go to AndyAndrews.com/podcast for details.
Do you have a question for Andy? Call in and your questions might be features on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com
Direct download: ITL305.mp3
-- posted at: 11:21am CDT