In this episode, we answer a listener’s question on raising children.
Don’t just raise great kids. Raise kids who become great adults.
- You can force your child to be a great kid, but only while they’re in front of you.
- Teach them how to think, not what to think.
- Teaching a child how to think requires long conversations about what you believe and how you came to believe that.
- Spend time with your children one-on-one.
Discipline your children while they are young.
- Most parents excuse bad behavior while their kids are young and grow more strict as they age, causing them to push back.
- If you focus on disciplining your children while they’re two and three, you can loosen the rules when they’re teenagers.
- Teach them self-discipline.
Tune in to hear a Bible verse on parenting that is commonly misinterpreted.
You can also hear more from Andy by subscribing to his new podcast, The Professional Noticer. Just go to AndyAndrews.com/podcast for details.
Do you have a question for Andy? Call in and your questions might be features on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com
Direct download: ITL300_The_Secret_to_Successful_Parenting.mp3
-- posted at: 10:24am CDT