On this week’s episode, I answer a listener question on how to handle the pressure of people watching and looking up to you.
People watching you and looking up to you are two different things.
- When it comes to people looking up to me, I don’t think about that at all.
- While I know it’s probably true, everybody has people who are looking up to them.
- I think the people that become hyperaware that people are looking up to them somehow become people we don’t want to look up to.
I talk to a lot of leaders about the fact that people are watching.
- This can affect your income if you do not remain aware that people are watching.
- I knew that I was getting a handle on that in my own life when people would comment on my personality.
- I always want to be happy, fun, and approachable. If I don’t watch myself, I can get very direct and intense.
- People tend to take a glimpse as the whole deal.
What do I do to keep my batteries charged?
- I read.
- I make sure that I have time around people that I am totally relaxed with, who will joke around with me.
- I have to have time by myself.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com