The Toughest Mental Obstacle I’ve Faced
On this week’s episode, I answer a listener question about the toughest mental obstacle I had to cross after overcoming homelessness.
Has there been any point when I felt like hiding under the pier again?
- I occasionally feel like crawling back under the pier.
- I say that jokingly, but I really am very aware of where I am when I walk on that pier.
- Living under the pier was undoubtedly the worst time in my life, but without that perspective I don’t think I would have become what I am today.
Part of life is the struggle to think a certain way.
- It’s not just to improve and increase your level of thinking.
- We are all in the process of becoming.
- The people who are humbly listening and learning from other people are the people with money and influence.
The toughest thing I had to do was distance myself from that pier.
- I needed to get away from it with my thinking, choices, and actions.
- Your thinking is the foundation of your success as a parent and member of your community.
If you want to read more about how to become a better parent, businessperson, and member of your community, pick up a copy of The Noticer Returns.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com