Sat, 8 February 2014
On this week’s episode, I give my two cents on some of my favorite responses to our previous listener question: “If you could have a five-minute phone call with your 18-year-old self, what would you tell yourself to be aware of?”
From our listener…
"Just pick up the phone and make the needed phone call. Just do it. Returning needed phone calls, or calling to confirm, cancel or postpone appointments is part of the process of becoming a responsible, dependable person. Don't shut the door on yourself through negligence caused by shyness and procrastination. Keeping doors open or ensuring good closure is crucial for maintaining good relationships. Faithfulness in little things will lead to bigger things."
Have a decided heart.
• You will get stuck in an ongoing state of analysis.
• I see so many people who spend so much time analyzing decisions they have already made, that they don’t have any emotional or physical energy to do what they have decided.
The Traveler’s Gift was written four years before it was published.
• If I kept analyzing whether or not the book was worth publishing during the years it was turned down, the book wouldn’t be out yet.
• I’m still learning things about the decisions.
In regard to the shyness…
• Most people think that confidence is something that always came easy for me.
• There were times when I was starting out that I would be sick to my stomach, even when a show was more than a week away. I was scared.
• But I knew I wanted people to hear what I had to say.
Direct download: ITL119_How_to_Make_Decisions_and_Overcome_Shyness.mp3
Category:Podcast -- posted at: 5:00am CDT