On this week’s episode, Andy answers listener questions on transitioning out of a corporate job, gaining wisdom, and overcoming fears about things you can’t control.
Listener Question #1: Which stories and biographies have had the greatest impact on you, and how do you read these stories in a way that allows you to gather wisdom from them?
- If you want to know what books have had a huge effect on Andy, look at what he has written.
- For example, the historical figures in The Traveler’s Gift were all people whose stories had an impact on Andy during the time he was writing the book.
- One of the things that is most important to gathering wisdom is to simply acknowledge that you are actively seeking it.
- You have to ask for wisdom to receive it. Remember, God was delighted when Solomon asked for wisdom.
Listener Question #2: Is there one book in particular that would be the most helpful to someone who is trying to go from a corporate job to something different? What do you prescribe to someone who is stuck and wants to move?
- A lot of the answers to these kinds of questions are going to be in Andy’s upcoming book that will be released October 1, The Noticer Returns.
- Andy’s recent video blog, How to Start a Business from an Idea, might get you started in the right direction as well.
- People change when two things line up: What’s in it for me? Proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
- You must acknowledge the benefits that are there for you, and then you must be aware of the steps that have proven to work for others.
Listener Question #3: How do you control the fear of losing a valued relationship, such as a marriage?
- Fear can be overcome with a logical answer: fear is not from God.
- Generally, smart people are the ones who have a problem with fear. People who aren’t smart seem to have no problem with fear.
- If you remember that fear is not from God and that you are a smart, creative person, then you have to conclude that fear is a misuse of the creative imagination that has been put inside you.
- You cannot control the people you value in your life at all times. So you have to give those concerns about things you can’t control to God.
Resources Mentioned on This Episode:
- The Noticer Returns by Andy Andrews
- Early to Rise by Andy Traub
- Platform by Michael Hyatt
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question for Andy? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com