On this week’s episode, Andy talks about how to make your family your number one priority…and keep it that way.
If you want to maintain a good balance between work and your life that enables you to spend more time with your family, you must start with priorities.
- If you say your family is your number one priority, you have to step back, observe your actions, and then determine if your actions match your words.
- It’s easy to “think past” certain aspects of your life that you think are certain and absolute.
- You may THINK your family is your number one priority, but have you really assessed whether that’s true or not?
One thing that can mess your family up is if you don’t set expectations for how you will spend your time.
- You have to communicate your priorities and the exceptions to your priorities to your family.
- If you are having family time, let them know it is family time and that it’s the number one priority.
- If there are certain phone calls you know you may have to take, let your family know in advance.
When you’re with your family, you have to make the decision to intentionally engage with them.
- This is something that’s easy to overlook.
- You have to be intentional about the purpose of the time you spend with your family. Don’t just let it pass by.
Questions for Listeners
· Give us a call and tell us know how you have shifted your priorities and found ways to spend more time with your family.
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com