On this week’s episode, I answer a listener question on staying positive day in and day out.
We’ve talked about this a lot but I really believe that our thinking is the foundation of everything that we become.
- It’s what we accomplish.
- It’s who we are.
- It’s the family we raise.
- It’s the society in which we live.
Frankly, I’m not always positive.
- It’s something that I want to be, but I don’t want to be an idiot.
- I want to be positive because I’ve figured out the version of the truth that I want to live my life with.
- What I mean by “version of the truth” is that sometimes, people are able to look at the same thing and get two totally conclusions, but in a way both of them are true.
A huge thing for me is to have a long view of time.
- A long view of time will generally yield a more positive way of looking at things that is more hopeful, more peaceful for you and your family, and absolutely true.
- When you have a long view of time, you can see the truth easier.
If you feel people are looking to you for everything, I would imagine it’s because you’ve been successful in the past at providing perspective about a situation that was true.
- Jones always told me that if a perspective is well thought out and true, it is life changing.
- In crazy moments, you have to go back to the truth.
There are huge benefits to issues, problems, and failures. You are building a story.
- A story will tell you the truth about what happened.
- What happened will yield a historical record.
- A historical record produces a longer view of time.
- And a longer view of time will reveal how you really need to handle something.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com